7.07.2011

HOTTEA's Wildlife: 12 skeins of yarn, a stencil and an empty urban lot


Minneapolis yarn artist HOTTEA emails about a new project on Nicollet in South Minneapolis which, like the last one, goes away from straight yarn throw-ups (for lack of a better word) of the artist's tag:
I took 12 skeins of yarn and two stencils to create my latest piece. I strung the yarn between two points around the existing architecture within the space creating an alternate surface. Once the surface was strung I painted an image on top that speaks of the fragility of non-destructive street art and how vulnerable it is.
I like the swaths of color, although not necessarily the figurative stencil piece, and the further exploration of interventions in three dimensions.

Here's the time-lapse:

WILDLIFE from Hot Tea on Vimeo.

Photos by Thomas Dunning.

No comments: