Nina Katchadourian, Shark Journal (2001), from the series "Sorted Books"
• The artists behind the artists: Art:21 interviews several of Julie Mehretu's studio assistants, while the Walker shows the installation -- and installers -- of its new Abstract Resistance show.
• Apparently, Gavin Brown's kid, Max, -- who points out that he was painted by Elizabeth Peyton, a friend of the family -- is on Reddit.
• Speaking of Brown, he's hosting the first solo show of artist Nick Relph, now through Apr. 3. Matt Olson at ROLU takes a look.
• Books that caught my eye: Rizzoli's Performing/Guzzling: Kim Gordon; Princeton Architectural Press' Interactive Architecture and Bioreboot.
• Minneapolis exhibitions: Allen Brewer / if not it, then what?, opens tonight at the Burnet Art Gallery at Chambers. Mike Perry: Lost in the Discovery of What Shapes the Mind, opens Mar. 26 at the MCAD Gallery.
• Congrats to Joy Garnett on 10 years of NewsGrist. Always looked up to her and saw -- and see -- her as a kindred spirit.
• As the U.S. Post Office issues stamps paying homage to abstract expressionists including Rothko, Motherwell, de Kooning and others, it's probably a good time to remember advice from the Minneapolis Institute of Arts: Please Don't Lick the Art.