Ceramic milk crate, Matthias Merkel Hess, via C-Monster
• Combat photographer Adam Ferguson in the audio slideshow, "War is boring": "One can feel like a predator working as a conflict photographer, looking for those extreme moments, the ugly ones that ram the absurdity of this war home... War strips the child out of being human, because war talks in absolutes. I guess many grunts can't find that child inside again..." Via Yumi Goto.
• Also via Yumi, the late photojournalist Tim Hetherington's last photos.
• Long silent on his blog and Twitter, Chinese artist Ai Weiwei is now on Google+.
• Over the weekend, "Bono and Somali–born singer and poet K’naan met in Minneapolis with several Somali Minnesotans to discuss and draw attention to the growing famine in Somalia, where a food crisis has led to the deaths of tens of thousands of people and is putting nearly 12 million more lives at risk. There has been very little coverage of the crisis in the US media to date, despite the gravity of the situation."
• Meet Dyslexie, a typeface designed to help people with dyslexia read. Via Leif Utne on paper.li.
• Jen Graves on bear poop, volunteerism and Mark Dion's living Seattle installation, Neukom Vivarium. Via MAN.