Anna Beeke, from the series "Amsterdam, NY," via Conscientious
• A stolen Warhol silkscreen of Mick Jagger purchased for $2,000 in 2007 by a Phoenix man has been returned to its rightful owner, a collector in Argentina, ICE reports.
• Ai Weiwei tops TIME's list of the 10 "persecuted artists."
• Massimo Vignelli's classic '72 NYC subway map as digital art project/musical instrument. Carolina Miranda (aka C-Monster) tells all about Alexander Chen's new work.
• “The culture wars are back,” says Yale art school dean Robert Storr. Critics are insatiable and clever, but “We have to be cleverer.”
• Sad, complicated, award-winning: two views of a post-earthquake scene in Haiti that won Paul Hansen a Swedish Picture of the Year Award.
• So what do you think about whether the Minneapolis Institute of Arts should remove a little red hunter guy from a Meindert Hobbema’s 1665 painting Wooded Landscape with a Watermill? The addition is thought to have been made to the painting long after the artist's death.
• Jilly Ballistic's subway art interventions.