Kunsthofpassage Funnel Wall, a raingutter musical instrument in Dresden, Germany
• American Airlines in-flight magazine revisits the Miss Rockaway Armada's Minneapolis launch in 2006 (I'm interviewed) as a preview of Swimming Cities' upcoming project on the Ganges in India. Here's my look at the Swoon-led project just before the flotilla of sustainable rafts launched on the Mississippi a few blocks away nearly five years ago.
• Passive Aggressive Vending Machine by Yarisa Kublitz: Put in a coin and your selected piece of china will crash to the bottom of the machine.
• Gun street art + stop sign = alarm in Atlanta. (Thanks, Maryn.)
• Minneapolis calls for art: FEAST (Funding Emerging Art with Sustainable Tactics), due Feb. 18; and Northern Lights, which is curating the nuit blanche (i.e. dusk-to-dawn) site-specific festival Northern Spark on the Minneapolis riverfront June 4-5; deadline Mar. 7.
• The Walker design department posts fliers from the late '60s and early '70s for shows by The Who, Led Zeppelin, Muddy Waters and others.
• An amazing gallery of German aerial photography.
• Secrets of the City visits with sculptor Kinji Akagawa.
• Shatner's doing a metal album.