• Bunker 599 by Atelier de Lyon and Rietveld Landscape slices in half a seemingly indestructible military bunker situated along the New Dutch Waterline, which up til 1940 was used to protect the cities of Muiden, Utrecht, Vreeswijk and Gorinchem from intentional flooding.
• Minnesota is now home to a $200,000, 18-foot-tall bronze sculpture depicting Jesus as a "mighty warrior," complete with drawn sword and rearing horse. Behold it... at the Christian Family Church in Owatonna.
• Hyerallergic, featuring Mel Chin, Futurefarmers and others, asks, "Which installation artists are actually green?"
• Photographer Terry Gydesen remembers the late Paul Wellstone, who died along with his family eight years ago today.
• Slideshow: MNspeak visits the art studio of Scott Nedrelow.
• Shepard Fairey's homage to Burmese democracy activist Aung San Suu Kyi winds up on a wall of a clinic in Mae Sot, Thailand in a new installment at The Big Picture.
• Artist Ben Cuevas' knitted skeleton.
• Chairs designed after aersol-can "fat caps."