Carl Corey, Mocassin Bar, Hayward, WI, from the series "Wisconsin Tavern League"
• Images from the Motherland: Carl Corey's series on northcentral Wisconsin bars conjures images of my youth... or what I can remember of it. Part 1 and Part 2 (which includes the image above; that bar has made me think Maurizio Cattelan's taxidermy squirrel is a bit ho-hum.) Via Flak Photo's Andy Adams.
• Barcelona-based curatorial office Latitudes (Max Andrews and Mariana Cánepa Luna) are looking for unpaid interns to help create a daily newspaper as part of the New Museum’s fall exhibition The Last Newspaper (6 October 2010–9 January 2011).
• Anthropologist Lewis Hyde (The Gift, Trickster Makes This World) interviewed by Creative Commons on his new book, Common as Air: Revolution, Art and Ownership.
• Catholic monks in Arkansas who started hand-making caskets for the victims of Hurricane Katrina are now facing down the "casket cartel" who want them to knock it off.
• Flickr fun with Alec: In conjunction with his upcoming Walker show, photographer Alec Soth has started a Flickr project, whereby he posts ten topics he wants users to photograph; on October 1, he'll pick his favorite and send the shooter the exhibition catalogue.
• Minneapolis exhibition: Scene from Above: New Sculpture by Asia Ward, Rosalux. Opens Sept. 10.
• Mashup: Allison Kraus' "I'll Fly Away" + Beastie Boys' "Intergallactic" = "Oh Brother, Thou Art Intergallactic."
• A few shots by day and by night of Twist and Amaze's tag wall at Houston and Bowery, New York.
• That's not a tree. This is a tree.