Falcon corpse from Indonesia, from Taryn Simon's forthcoming book Contraband, featuring photos of prohibited items seized from passengers at JFK airport
• Vote here for works you think should be in the Walker's exhibition, 50/50: Audience and Experts Curate the Paper Collection. Voting ends Sept. 15.
• Peter Fuss' nail-studded cross in Poland, and Dean Radinovsky's soon-to-be-razed chapel hidden within a warehouse near the West Side Highway in New York.
• Artist (and Eyeteeth reader) John Devlin on mental illness, art, and his memory drawings of Cambridge. And here's an interview with him on CBC One Radio.
• Daily Serving interviews Andrea Bowers.
• Futurefarmers are building megaphones TODAY at the Walker's Open Field.
• Street art: MOTHER.
• Graph paper and notebook page mugs.
• Ish: "For only $175 you can install a little piece of metal engraved with a QR code on your loved one’s tombstone. Scan the code with your cellphone, and the code will redirect you to a website featuring text, photos, and video about your beloved."
at 12:00 PM