Anthony Discenza, Limits of Poetry, via 1 + 1 = 1
• As Noam Chomsky is barred from entering Israel, Elvis Costello announces he'll cancel concerts there in protest of "conditions that visit intimidation, humiliation or much worse on Palestinian civilians in the name of national security."
• Video: Critic/author Lewis Hyde (The Gift) on creativity and the commons, via the Walker, where Hyde speaks Sept. 2.
• Edge of Sports' David Zirin interviews Chuck D on the revival of Public Enemy's "By the Time I Get to Arizona" for the fight against SB1070, while Davey D gives props to a remake of the PE song by Minneapolis' Toki Wright. (Here's Chuck D's new version of the song with DJ Spooky.) Via Provisions Library.
• Minneapolis exhibition: Scattered Light, a participatory poster project by ASDF for ROLU, opens May 22 at Art of This.
• Photo District News takes a look at disaster tourism.
• Hyperallergic interviews Tyler Green about his move from ArtsJournal to ArtInfo and Modern Painters.
• BagNewsNotes on the gun industry's appeal to women.
• RIP Dio.
• Video: Walrus TV interviews Swoon.
• Two bodies suspended in mid-air.
• Your moment of heartwarming underpants man. (Via Reddit.)