Weegee, After the Opera at Sammy's Nightclub on the Bowery, c. 1944, via Creative Review
• Jim Lambie discusses his music (Teenage Fanclub) and his art (colorful site-specific works made from masking tape).
• How graffiti of a pink, 60-foot nude woman came to be on the Malibu Canyon Tunnel in 1966 -- and where it went.
•New on UBUWEB: Stan Brakhage's Riddle of the Lumen (1972), of which Brahkhage said "the 'hero' of the film is light itself."
• For its 2010 contest World Press Photo added a rule to allow only "retouching which conforms to currently accepted standards in the industry." Whatever that means.
• Eyebeam Art + Technology Center -- a partner on Add-Art, which currently features my selection of Brian Ulrich photos -- announced its call for residencies and fellowships. Deadline for both: Mar. 1. Here's how to apply.
• Call for Entries: ARTCRANK Minneapolis is now accepting artist submissions for its 2010 poster show.
• Who knew? The Weisman Art Museum rents artworks to students and staff. Via @ckloecker and @weismanart.
• As the UK preps to tax high earners, gazillionaire artist Damien Hirst -- he of the $100 million diamond-encrusted skull -- plans a show in lower-tax Monaco. Via @artnetdotcom.