Cezary Bodzianowski: “Great Gatsby”, Center for Contemporary Art (CCA), Tel Aviv, 2009
• Exhibition: Playing the City, now through May 6 in Frankfurt.
• A trailer for the 25th anniversary edition of Martha Cooper and Henry Chalfant's book, Subway Art.
• The New York Times highlights Minneapolis College of Art and Design students as a "community of technical artists who build bikes from new and leftover parts, not only to save money but to create something of pride." Via @tlcminnesota.
• Congratulations to Justin Heideman and the Walker new media staff: their RNC-themed My Yard Our Message project -- much blogged right here -- won best of the web at Museums and the Web 2009 in the innovation category. Here's a recap of the conference.
• Kottke has links to original scripts from HBO's The Wire, plus writer David Simon's original pitch for the show. And Nieman Journalism Lab does a video interview with Simon about whether newspapers can learn how to survive by copying HBO.
• Homewood Studios in North Minneapolis is opening an exhibition of works by Peyton, co-founder of the urban art center Juxtaposition, tomorrow night, April 23. While art is Peyton's first love, his main job at the moment is as a professional kickboxer: On May 1, he's fighting for the title of U.S. light welterweight champion.
• Congrats to Art of This for winning "Best Art Gallery" in City Pages' Best of the Twin Cities.
• Source material: The Bush administration's secret memos about extreme interrogation techniques.