Mural by Minneapolis' Broken Crow, a.k.a. John Grider
• As Steve Dietz at Northern Lights ponders whether the iPhone and iPod Touch are "new spheres of public art," his Minneapolis-based digital-art organization curates Add-Art, now through Feb. 26. Artists featured on Add-Art, a Firefox extension that replaces online ads with art, include Jodi, Jennifer and Kevin McCoy, Vivian Selbo and others.
• Roadsworth: Crossing the Line, the new documentary about Montreal "street" artist Peter Gibson, makes its US debut at SXSW, through Feb. 21. Watch the trailer.
• Word of the day: Misconceptual art, "artists who shortcut to the now via conceptual art without understanding history of conceptualism."
• This posting by the Vigilance Organisation in India (shot by my friend Kate) could be a Jenny Holzer Truism: "Moral contempt is a far greater indignity and insult than any kind of crime."
• Christie's reports a 19 percent decrease in art sales (down to $5.1 billion) from 2007 to 2008. Plus, C-Monster gets a whiff of Greed.
• Dude loves him some Bon Jovi: Jeremy Fry captured on the Celtics Jumbotron.
• In honor of Valentine's Day, here's some meat.