Joseph Beuys performing "Sonne statt Reagan" in 1982, via Art Das Kunstmagazin.
• In '82, Joseph Beuys gave pop stardom a shot, with a song decrying Ronald Reagan's arms policies. Here's the video of "Sonne statt Reagan," plus an English-language version performed by "Little Beuys" in 2006. (Thanks, Jim.)
• Mark your calendar: April 18 is Record Store Day. Support your local indie store, and maybe pick up some special goodies from artists (Wilco is releasing its new DVD "Ashes of American Flags" early, exclusively at indie retailers, to mark the day).
• Live performances by Brian Wilson, Bon Iver, Fleet Foxes, Ryan Adams, Calexico and others, filmed in the back of a black cab. Similar: In a Van Sessions with Sons & Daughters, The Walkmen and others.
• You sue me? Well, I sue you! Shepard Fairey is suing the AP right back. Meanwhile, at n+1, Brian Thomas Gallagher writes about Fairey's "styles of radical shill."
• Sonic Youth's Kim Gordon is making her new Mirror/Dash fashion line available exclusively at, gasp, Urban Outfitters.
• Video of Radiohead's Grammy performance.
• BagNewsNotes writes that Obama's first slideshow, about flights on Air Force One, "seems to address the need to sketch a larger Obama."
• What TV news anchors do when the cameras are off. [via]