9.26.2003

Misogynator II

During the gubernatorial debates in California, an apparently torqued-off Schwarzenegger told opponent Arianna Huffington, "I would just like to say that I just realized I have a perfect part for you in 'Terminator 4."' For context, recall that Terminator 3 included a scene where Arnie gives a she-Terminator a swirly in a toilet bowl. So either he wants Arianna dead or he wants to shove her head in the toilet? Nifty.

For a bit more context, an excerpt from an Entertainment Weekly article includes the would-be governor discussing his creative role in the flushing sequence:
"As we were rehearsing, I saw this toilet bowl," says Schwarzenegger, an impish smile crossing his face. "How many times do you get away with this--to take a woman, grab her upside down, and bury her face in a toilet bowl? I wanted to have something floating in there," he adds.

Apparently, he was vetoed. "They thought it was my typical Schwarzenegger overboard," he says. "The thing is, you can do it, because in the end, I didn't do it to a woman--she's a machine! We could get away with it without being crucified by who-knows-what group."
(Via Cursor)

No comments: